Migrations of large databases
The information system brings its users such added value as is the value and quality of data, to which they have safe access, and stores and processes them. Therefore, the professional transfer of quality data and the preservation of relations between them is of significant importance during the renewal of information systems. Namely, only in this way undisturbed work with an historical overview in the new information system is enabled to the user.
In all these years of development and maintenance of various information systems the migration of large quantities of data (flat and relation data structure) has become one of specialized services of RRC experts at the renewal of information systems. Data migrations are performed on the most advanced financial, personal, medical, business and other advanced data structures.
Typical tasks of data migrations contain:
- definition of the scope of data transfer from existing information systems,
- implementation and definition of mapping between old and new code tables,
- aggregation of entries of dislocated data bases,
- preparation of appropriate procedures for data transfer,
- preparation of application support for data cleaning,
- automated trivial data cleaning (duplicates, triplicates) of all records from existing bases,
- complementation and coordination of data with public and private records (CRP, AJPES,...),
- preparation of data for transfer to a new system (transference of existing data into an appropriate recording format, which the new system shall understand),
- data transfer (limit on number of transfers),
- creation of a log file.
Data transfer tasks typically include the functions of content type, to which must be primarly defined by data owner. Such tasks are:
- ensure consistency of the existing data,
- inspection, cleaning, content aggregation or definition of content mapping,
- transfer or renewal of existing data models,
- fusion or other forms of data aggregation from dispersed environments,
- cooperation of experts, who shall assume responsibility for the review and confirmation of business rules on the aggregation and tasks of the content data aggregation.